Tuesday 19 April 2016

BLOODY PARKINSONS: FAME AT LAST

This Monday morning (18/04/2016) I was giving my opinion of Parkinson’s Disease on Radio 5 Live’s ‘Your Call’ programme – Nicky Campbell’s radio phone in. The subject was Parkinson’s Disease, its impact on sufferers (127,000 in the UK), on relatives and on friends. It’s a great programme and it contained a lot of helpful stuff. 
Find it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b077ckty. Listen to the whole programme or go straight to 57 minutes 17 seconds to get a couple of minutes of my opinions of living with PD.

When I called in to the show at 9 o’clock the BBC person said they’d call back in 5 minutes, but it took more like 55 minutes, which was plenty of time for me to shake uncontrollably down my right side. Perhaps the producers of the show were checking out my blog to ensure that the worst language was bloody?

Listen to the whole programme and I think there is some very good advice for all of us!

4 comments:

  1. I agree Peter thanks to the programme I found you! Recently diagnosed with v early stages of PD and now waiting for my next app after an MRI bran scan and DaTscan until end Of July I have gone thought the shock, trauma, anger, fear and sadness and now come out the other side with positive things I can do mainly excercise, live for today and praying for v slow progression of this disease but to make sure I am well informed for my next meeting in Neurology and hopefully leave me alone for a few more years!! I am a very young 70 yr old :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne, I was going to say 'keep taking the pills', but I won't! Just stay motivated!
      Peter

      Delete
  2. I need also to say, I feel like I am stalking you LOL!! Just read back to 2013 and I went to Neurology in Nov 2015 from a referraL from my GP for Carpal tunnel symptons..yes I do have this but then she continued with further tests and on returning in March she told me what she felt I had... PS so further scans which as above I have had, will update you when I see her in July... love the Bloody Parkinson label :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now 59. With the new herbal medicine for Parkinson I purchased from  Multivitamincare . org  was my only way to get rid of my PD,the herbal formula effectively reversed my condition and alleviated all my symptoms, people are suffering from this Parkinson disease due to lack of information.

    ReplyDelete